So many parents have been asking for information about online driver education. Here's information to help out on what steps to take and how to find the best program for you!
Precision Driving is partnered with Driving Brilliance
Here is some general information about this program:
This is an Indiana approved course
The student can work at their own pace. So if they only have 20 minutes to devote to the program that day, that's fine. The most they can work a day on any online is 3 hours a day.
The steps for the process of using online driver education:
1. Enroll the student online with an approved course.
* We will need a certificate of completion for an approved course your student completed.
*Before you commit to a specific online provider make sure you do your homework!
*Look at prices for the courses and how much it would be for courses and driving!
*Even though you may have a cheap price for online,
the driving may not!
2. Once a student is enrolled, come in and fill out some paperwork and pay for the driving.
*We cannot issue a CDE form to get the permit unless a full driver education course is paid.
*Student's using an online provider other than Driving Brillance we will need to see a certificate before we issue a CDE form.
3. Once you have the CDE form go to the BMV to get the permit. Remember, bring the documents and your student will have to take the written test!
4. Once you have the permit the student can begin driving with us. You will need to call the office and schedule in drives.
5. We must have a completion certifcate from the online provider before we can schedule any drives.
QUICK TIP ENROLLING ONLINE/RECAP DIRECTIONS:
1. From this website( in the middle of the main page) there is a link.
8828 Coldwater Rd.
Fort Wayne, IN 46825
Ph: (260) 490-1007
12:00 -5:00 p.m
Driving Instruction Hours:
If these times don't work, contact our office we can set an appointment!
Effective July 1, 2012: Any student applying for a permit must take a written test to obtain their permit at the BMV. Please call our office if you have any questions.
Effective July 1, 2015 licensing age changes to 16 years and 90 days with driver education. A student MUST hold their permit regardless for 180 days and log 50 hours in before obtaining a drivers license.
Parents, make sure your student has their permit and proper footwear when they come for a drive time. There is $40.00 fee if they do not have their permit with them or they are wearing sandals/flip flops. All No Show fees MUST be paid prior to next drive.